Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Fan spins but otherwise appears dead

A5S was working well last week. The filament broke, so I unscrewed the feed tube and cleared it. After reassembly, I turned it on, and only the fan was spinning.

Any clues on how to troubleshoot? Any good starting points?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• johngriswoldjohngriswold Posts: 4Member

Further info. The power supply appears to work (LED comes on) and +24V is available on the motherboard. I haven't been able to ID any fuses to swap out.
    Any ideas?

• michalko99michalko99 Posts: 153Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟

you possibly shorted temperature sensor wires. Try disconnecting print head wires on the right side of printer. Here on forum(wiki) you can find whose connectors are needed. If you burned out analog pin, you will need to replace mainboard

Thanked by 1johngriswold
    edited August 2022

Disconnecting the print head made no difference, except for the lack of fan, as it was disconnected.
    Am I correct in thinking that the next step is to replace the board set for ~$80? Prior to installing that I should chase out the sensor leads to make sure there are no shorts, eh? Hey, I'm a software guy... Thank you for your assistance.

Post edited by johngriswold on
  • michalko99michalko99 Posts: 153Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟

OK. Next step, Is this your motherboard? https://jgaurorawiki.com/a5s
    If yes, try to connect only USB cable to PC, and open Pronterface, If you are SW guy, you will be able to identify serial port on PC and by pressing connect button in SW, on right side of program you will see if mainboard is alive or dead. LEt me know then, so we can proceed to next steps..

I very much appreciate your help...
    This is indeed the motherboard pictured. No additional devices were revealed in Device Manager when I connected the printer with a USB cable. At this point, as a "software guy", I'd bring it to the hardware guy. I strongly suspect you are going to tell me that I should purchase the board set. At least the fan still comes on. Despite knowing better, I installed and ran Pronterface, with the expected outcome that it could not find any printer, either.