Home JGMaker Magic

Parts and things

alleriodronealleriodrone Posts: 10Member
edited March 2020 in JGMaker Magic
I know that there is a parts page but I did not see the part I needed on there. I would like to just let people know that the heatsink and nozzle assembly for the Creality CR-10 seems to fit alright. I need to borrow some crimpers at work tomorrow in order to put tips on the new element and thermocouple since I could not find any with the right length and ends. I will try to update this post at the end of the week, if the CR-10 clone tip I purchased works alright I will add on the amazon link tomorrow.

It did work, here are the links, see discussion for some troubleshooting as well.

Note: If you don't have crimpers you can use a pair of needle nose pliers but make sure to do SEVERAL tries on the different types of wire, I had several wires fall out when going to put them into the connector due to low friction hold.

Also note that I have no affiliation with Amazon or these specific sellers other than being a customer. Just thought I could save someone some time looking for this stuff in the future.

Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
Post edited by alleriodrone on

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited March 2020
    Welcome @alleriodrone - looking forward to your findings!
    Thanked by 1alleriodrone
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • alleriodronealleriodrone Posts: 10Member
    The tip fit on well enough and did function. My first print with settings from what I was using before turned out pretty bad and I think it may be from under extrusion and low temperature. I'm going to try changing some settings again tonight and give it another go. I'm a newbie when it comes to 3d printing so maybe some of you can help me change the settings, here's a picture of the default gcode that comes with the printer. I'm thinking that the tip is too cold and the extrusion multiplier should be set a bit higher.
    Hmm... definitely some intermittent extrusion problems there. Different thermistor may mean it needs calibration differently to the jgaurora thermistor. I would definitely try a little hotter and see.

Thanked by 1alleriodrone
    Yup, I turned it up to 210 around the time it hit the cylindrical part, is there a good way to calibrate the jgmaker? I couldn't find a calibration menu I could step through to make changes to the calibration. 
    Thermistor calibration is an involved process - youtube has videos. If you compile your own firmware, you can choose an existing thermistor calibration in the configuration.h
    Thanked by 1alleriodrone
    Update: like 80% sure that the problem was between the wrench and the wall. I did not insert the PTF tubing far enough into the hot end. Note that the creality CR-10 hot end does also use the tubing in order to keep low friction and allow smooth flow into and through the hot end.