Home› 3D Print Lounge

New to 3D printing

SystemSystem Posts: 19Administrator
This discussion was created from comments split from: New Here.

Comments

• TrimaxTrimax Posts: 7Member
    hey all iim kinda new to printing but had printer  for almost a year mostly i make parts for my Rc planes currently own the A5 but may also get the a5s  my question what would be the best dual extruder i kinda want separate extruders  for each color and with that being said  do i need also a separate stepper and driver 
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Hi @Trimax - welcome to the forum! If you're looking for dual extruder for mixing colours of the same material, you can use a dual-extruder single-nozzle system, like the GeeeTech A10M or A20M. It is not suitable for printing different types of material, as the single nozzle would need to change temperature. However, you can do very cool mixing of colours this way too.

Dual colour printing is possible with the A5 with extensive modifications to hardware and software, but not recommended due to the long bowden tube, it would be slow and unreliable. It is not possible on A5S without additional further modifications to replace the main motherboard.
    ok then how about a better hot end like maybe the volcano something like that whats the current recommendations 
    @Trimax - what is your goal?
    just trying to improve all I can with this printer  like i mentioned i really like it enough that i want to get the a5s

I make my own files for print whether its an obj, Dxf or a stil i use 3d max studio

Sure - my questions is, what do you want to improve about it? What area are you finding it lacking? How would a volcano nozzle help your prints?
    hahah i just trying to spend money 
    im new so besides of spending 1000s on a printer i want everything i can get out of the one i have

i currently have a woodshop with a CNC  and a 36x24 laser and i add this for my RC airplanes to make FPV parts and find that i need it for other things as well  currently making Mask for the local Hospita'
    Ok! I’d recommend just start using it as is, and along the way I’m sure you will find things to improve. :smile:
    edited April 2020
    Sounds like you've got a fun workshop of toys though! Feel free to post a photo, I'm sure we would all love to see your setup!
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    That's awesome Jeff! An important step that I forget to mention is that you need to extract the ZIP file first fully, and then open it.

Hopefully smoother sailing from here! Keep that firmware folder - that is now "your" firmware, and you can tweak settings in configuration.h and configuration_adv.h as needed in future. E.g. for calibrating and tuning.