Homeβ€Ί JGAurora A5 & A3Sβ€Ί Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Print trail shifts whilst printing

1235Β»

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    I suppose that also makes sense β€” being the size of a rice grain.
  • MattMatt Posts: 314🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited March 2021
    The 2 LM10UU has arrived right now (super fast, from China, less than a month, ordered day 22 february). Let's see what happens when I'll substitute 'em.
    Post edited by Matt on
    edited March 2021
    Ok friend... The bearings was substituted: the result didn't changed. I'm sorry, but I really think that my odyssey with this "printer" ends here: and she ends as a scrap on Ebay. I've changed anything inside. Now stop. Thank you for all. Cheers.
    Post edited by Matt on
    edited March 2021
    Did the results from the tilt test change after replace the bearings?

Otherwise, farewell Matt.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    Always the same.
    edited March 2021
    It is extremely disappointing. Now also the bearings are new, but nothing has changed. What should had had been changed now? The shafts? Or should we get back again on thinking that's an electronic issue? A firmware issue? Or even a Cura settings issue? Any intel around alleges that it may be aither a vref issue, or a lubricating issue: we only know that must exclude a belt issue and a stepper issue. Now what then?
    What's worst, not even who builds it got knowledge of what it may happen: they just limit to grab the money and tell banalities, even alleging to buy a new printer. How convenient. They don't even know what's their vref. Abysmal.
    So sorry Sam, you know, nothing personal unto you, whom you are of great help of course: it is the issue which itches.
    Post edited by Matt on
    Hi Matt, I've already given my requests in a previous post. It seems we have all missed something, which is why I am requesting for the videos.
    Hi Sam. The video: I ran one, but it didn't demostrated anything good for the finality you aimed. The bearings now are new, and the belt is new, and the shafts are still lubricated as it was with the old ones: I even substituted the belt of the x axis and I'm considering to substitute also the cogs (I bought 2 new with grains too). I even placed the smoothers back in their place. Though perhaps one thing might be a clue of sort: now the shifting appears later than before, and more subtly. Or, better, strangely: infacts, now it appears on the back side of the print instead of the front side. At first sight I didn't considered it interesting, but perhaps this might be indicative of something.
    edited March 2021
    > it didn't demostrated anything good for the finality you aimed
    Ok then, best of luck.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    too bad, Sam. farewell.
    Ah... Obviously, I'll take the freedom to inform you about what the culprit really was. So, as for a scrubble of conscience.

edited May 2021
    Ok, I'm back, as promised, for sake of honesty. After many days waiting for new spare parts and of trial and errors, opening and closing this casing. After many trials substituting all that I had to substitute, included the belt cogs, the printer finally works again. Though the culprit was nothing of what you alleged: I tuned all the drivers over and over (arriving at y=05) and just put in the case a 5v fan, and the printing went smooth: evidently it overheated. Hope it will endure. Hope this may be of any help to anybody struck with problems like mine.

Post edited by Matt on
  • michalko99michalko99 Posts: 153Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
    congratulations Matt. So setiing back to 0.5V as you had on early beginning solved problem? Very strange, but OK. My printer has fan over drivers too, but I am using TMC2208, where fan is a must. Happy printing
    edited May 2021
    Hi Michalko and thank you for the congrats. Yes, I tried several settings for Y, alongwith several others for the other axes, and perhaps it is 'cause it is a combo that the printer finally worked. I did many trials, also after putting new pieces in the printer which required many days to arrive. I added first a 12v fan (plugged into the 5v free slot), but the print stucked after coupla rounds (perhaps the higher voltage required blocked the board), then I put a banal 5cm 5v fan and it went all smooth. I may say that with a fan cooling the board now the trails look even straighter and fuller. I print even at 50 and got no printing swags. I suggested jg crew to considere also some closed loop system for bypassing the vref, besides placing a fan upon the board: they answerd it looks a nice idea. Cheers.
    Post edited by Matt on
    Just one thing: where did you attached the fan? And what fan it is? 5v?
  • michalko99michalko99 Posts: 153Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Hi Matt. I used small step down converter. From 24V it makes 12Volts and it powers hot end fan and stepper cooling fan and LEDs. I also have timer and thisΒ https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3406342Β . Everything will shut down 5 minutes after print was finished and printer will remain silent and invisible. It is dangerous to use onboard 5V rail, as it is intended only for powering sensors. If overloaded, you will burn out onboard regulator and mainboard will shutdown...
    Thanked by 1Matt
    Hi Michalko. Thanks for the infos. I'll check it out asap. Even if I'm not as good as anybody else in electronics (infacts, a complete noob), I'll try to make it correct.
    As for the bar, I wasn't aware that you was the one who figured out how to add it. I'm preparing since long time so far (that's obvious why) kinda encasement to encase the printhead and the stepper (my a5 is a direct drive, so the stepper's above the printhead), which would feature also some leds to lighteen the bed, and I was searching far&wide so far for somebody who'd envisioned a solution. Hope I may bother you: but one thing at one time. Best.