Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

A5 not moving nor heating

ironpybironpyb Posts: 3Member
Hi there , i have an a5 for one year now without any issue, and few month ago my machine stop moving and heating , the screen IS on and respond the power supply is working , but no way to make it move or heating with screen or octopi.

I suspect the mainboard having some failure but I'm  lookingf some expert to confirm or help the diagnosys.

Thank you in advance for your help !
Post edited by ironpyb on

Comments

• ironpybironpyb Posts: 3Member

Best than explenation a video of what is happening
  • izakisizakis Posts: 11Member
    Hi, Installing a new control board I believe is the best way to diagnose if the old one is bad because they are not expensive and easy to replace. What about other functions of the control board like temp readings? If that's also wrong then it's definitely the control board.

• Stephen ToddStephen Todd Posts: 281🌟 Super Member 🌟
    A5 has 2 boards

1/ LCD board which sends gcode to main board when an icon is pressed
    2/ Main board known as controller board that controls the motors, extruder, and heated bed

The two boards communicate via a ribbon cable - cable can come unplugged or go faulty

If cable is OK, and you cannot control the printer with pronterface, then main board is probably faulty - they only cost about £20 on amazon, even less from official MKS store on aliexpress - look for makerbase MKS Gen L v1.0

Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
  • Laser8302Laser8302 Posts: 170Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
    If you have a good connection with Octopi, go to terminal and type "M503" and paste what it spits out.
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
  • ironpybironpyb Posts: 3Member
    Thank you all for all theses answer. the siuation at home (france) dont let me much time to investigate it.
    I'll let you know which was the solution as soon as I solve this.
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited March 2020
    Welcome @ironpyb

- What temperatures are shown on your display?
    - Can you plug your printer into a computer via USB? We can run some software on the computer (pronterface) to get more information. See: https://jgaurorawiki.com/pronterface

Post edited by Samuel Pinches on