Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Jgaurora A5 hotenheating stops at 130 degrees

I bought a used Jgaurora A5 and just rebuild the printer it went by starting very hot. But I can start almost all functions from the display, only the function which need hotend temperature don't work because the heating stops every time at 129/130 degrees.That also if I change the target temperature. I then changed the thermistor and the heater. But that does n't change anything. Has anybody an idea, what's the problem and how to solve it? 

Comments

• Stephen ToddStephen Todd Posts: 281🌟 Super Member 🌟
    My experience with wrong temperature reporting on JGAurora V1 A3s was traced back to a faulty MKS Gen L controller board - but it could be that the previous owner has messed with the firmware

I'd re-flash with community firmware, and if that does not work, buy a new Gen L controller board - cost less than £20 on Amazon, and only £11 in official makerbase store on aliexpress - they also have 32 bit version same price, if you want to play with upgrading
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    @Christian - can you connect to printer via pronterface, and take a photo of the heating curve from 25C to 130C? I agree likely faulty motherboard, cheapest and least headache inducing option to just replace it.
    Thanked by 1Christian
  • ChristianChristian Posts: 6Member
    Sorry for the late response, but I was on a journey, so I didn't have access to the printer.
    i THINK, you can see that the heating starts right, but stops then on 130 degrees. I read that it is possible to change the connection of the thermistor and changing then the sketch, so that I can try it with the second thermistor-place. I thzink I do that. Never mind I also bought a new controler and a mofset, so I can reduce the problems for the future. Now I will start to change the sensor and update the firmware. Thanks for your hints till now.
    Ok, please feel free to post again if you need help. 🙂
    Thanked by 1Christian
    Hi Samuel,
    thank you for your support. I just changed everything as I did propose: I read that it is possible to change the connection of the thermistor and changing then the sketch, so that I can try it with the second thermistor-place. Now the termistor works right and I can print some 3d-objects. But the heatbed temperature always stays on 73 degrees. It seems that the termistor of the heatbed does not work. But I think it could also be, that it is missconfigured now because of dependence from the hotend termistor. If I increase the heatbed temperature on the heating function to 90 degrees, it will heat up to 40 degrees. But the temperature of heatbed will not change at the display. It still leaves at 73 degrees.

• Stephen ToddStephen Todd Posts: 281🌟 Super Member 🌟
    You need a new MKS Gen_L controller board (not SGen_L) - luckily they are really cheap from Amazon, even cheaper from official makerbase store on aliexpress

When my MKS Gen_L board went faulty on my A3s V1, both the hot end and bed displayed the wrong temperatures

@Christian there is no dependency of hotend and heatbed thermistor inputs. They are both easy to "die" from electrical spikes. If you have already swapped the spare thermistor input, then you need to get another motherboard, it is the only option.
  • any update?
    same problem here... the printer stop heating at 130deg and freeze after a moment
    @Mathieu Grumplefix Evain  please have a read of the FAQ troubleshooting for heating problems on the wiki here: https://jgaurorawiki.com/a5/faq#problemheating-problems-with-nozzle-or-heated-bed

• Samuel Pinches
    Thanks for the advice!
    The very last step kinda solved my problem for the moment... the mainboard came out faulty, The heater connector was the cause.
    I will swap the whole mainboard when I will be more confident with my A5 knowledge.