Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Very loud bed (Y-axis) noise on my A3S

DarKOrangeDarKOrange Posts: 3Member
Hi all,

I am new to 3D printing and the JGAurora A3S is my first printer. It arrived a few days ago and so far I must say that I am rather disappointed, in the first place I didn't think that 3D printing was so difficult and that so much work was necessary. I have several issues and I am trying to solve them one by one. The one I am trying to solve here is a very loud vibration noise coming from the printing bed (Y-axis) (see vidéo).

Please any one has an idea on how to fix this? This noise is making me crazy ;-)

Thank you!

DKO
Post edited by DarKOrange on

Comments

• DarKOrangeDarKOrange Posts: 3Member
    edited March 2020
    Post edited by DarKOrange on
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited March 2020
    Sorry, not sure what would cause that apart from dodgy bearings. Unplug the printer and try to move the bed by hand. Does it make those sounds when you move the bed smoothly by hand? Can you find any points of friction?
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • Stephen ToddStephen Todd Posts: 281🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited March 2020
    My V1 A3s was similar - out of the box it was bad - I could hear a scraping noise when moving the bed backwards and forwards by hand

It was one of the smooth rods in the bottom case - it was not even in the front bracket that holds the rod - the noise was the bed mount on that side actually scraping against the slot in the bottom case

Having said all that, the bearings on the Y smooth rods inside the case are far noisier than X smooth rods on my A3s - so I just greased the rods and put up with the noise - the alternative being plastic bearings
    Post edited by Stephen Todd on
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    if the bearings are the issue, you can also buy replacement high quality metal bearings - I personally had bad results with plastic bushings.

• Stephen ToddStephen Todd Posts: 281🌟 Super Member 🌟
    They are also sold as linear bushings, and you can buy high quality ones online locally, as they are a standard part in CNC machines, etc.

Some people put their 3D printer inside a cabinet to dampen the noise - also better printing results as its a controlled temperature environment