Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

A3S: things getting worse, bad temperature readings, no moves

Hi all,

I experienced a lot of issues since the beginning with my new A3S. I things are getting worse and worse. I saw some smoke getting out of the hot end. I turned it of. Now when I switch it on again, the head temperature is 0 and not changing, the bed temperature is 145°C and not changing and above all I can't move any axis. What is weird is that I can still home every axis...
Is it possible to fix this or should I just throw this printer by the window?

Thank you for your help!

DKO

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited March 2020
    Hi @DarKOrange - sorry to hear about your frustrations with the printer. Which A3S do you have? The A3S V1 or A3S V2 (SD card on front)? A3S V1 is easy and cheap to replace motherboard, as the temperature inputs are easily fried.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • Stephen ToddStephen Todd Posts: 281🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited March 2020
    0 temperature reading could indicate a bad thermistor, or bad wiring

Unplug the hot end thermistor plug on the controller board and measure the resistance between the thermistor wires - should measure 100k ohm at 70c room temperature - if it measures OK, then controller board is likely dead regarding thermistor resistance readings

Any problem at all with thermistors or thermistor wiring seems to destroy MKS Gen L controller board resistance reading inputs - when one input goes bad, other input sometimes goes inaccurate at same time for some unknown reason

Post edited by Stephen Todd on