Homeโ€บ JGAurora A5 & A3Sโ€บ Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Thermistor

HevilpHevilp Posts: 136๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
Unfortunatly my thermistor broke,

Is there 1 on Amazon? A safe source?

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Sorry, but the standard JGAurora thermistor is probably hard to find unless you contact JGAurora - I haven't seen anyone identify the exact part number they are using yet, but maybe its worth a shot to ask them.

Failing that, I would recommend trying to find one of the more common "standard" thermistors that have calibrations already provided in the marlin firmware. e.g.:ย EPCOS 100k orย ATC Semitec 104GT-2

Should be fine. :+1:

• HevilpHevilp Posts: 136๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
    Even more thinking of the -z-603s ^^

Haha! But to be clear, it is no cure for tweakitus - the medical term for the never-ending desire to break things and cause self inflicted frustrations :wink:

Do I need to Do something special with the fw or commands After the change? Or just the replacement ?ย 
    edited May 2018
    Just replacement will work fine, but you may find temperatures have changed by 5-10C. Post here if you have issues, and I can help you get a better temperature calibration in the firmware. ๐Ÿ‘
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    Because of the other thread, I have 1 more question: As I said, my temp on hotend said 360 degrees after change hotend (not heatsink).

Is the only reason is the thermistor or can there be anything else be bad? I hope not...
    edited May 2018
    360C sounds like a major fault, either with the wiring or the motherboard. That is not even close to being a valid reading.

there is a secondary unused thermistor port that you can try, I can provide firmware with that configuration if you want.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    edited May 2018
    I did not change anyhting at the wiring. At this time I only touched changed the heatblock (with thermistor and heat stick). In 2 days, the new thermistors will arrive and I will install it.

Thanks for your help, I don't need the whole firmware, only the line(s) to change. Its possible, that I only have to change the pin in the pin_RAMPS.h or is there something more to do?
    Post edited by Hevilp on
    I changed the thermistor and it works fine now. Only the broken thermistor Was the reason for the errorย 
    Thatโ€™s great to hear!