Home JGMaker Magic

Brand new Magic build - print head buries itself in the build plate when hitting auto home

calisnowcalisnow Posts: 3Member
Hey folks - any ideas? I'm out of them here. I have several Magics, two of which I have built at this point. The first one no issues. The second one - everything looks okay to me but we can't get off the ground with this auto home issue. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• CrasoumCrasoum Posts: 24Member
    Do you have a short on the X axis so it thinks it's hitting the X stop when it isn't? Or maybe update the firmware. 
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Welcome @calisnow - you can test the function of the endstops with pronterface. Gcode command M119 will report back endstop status. Press Z endstop and send command and see if z says "triggered". Could be a loose z endstop wire or faulty Z switch? Or perhaps plugged into wrong location on board?
  • calisnowcalisnow Posts: 3Member
    Hey folks I think I see what I did - kinda. It hits the build plate before it can get to the z stop - when i built it i loosened the bottom ring that the z screw goes into as well as the top screw - forcing the whole thing down into the motor housing and lowering the height of the gantry. Pretty sure that's what I did - but thank you! I will try that g code also.
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    It sounds like you may need to raise up the z stop?