Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Bed and extruder not heating

I had a thermistor fail a few weeks back which I changed and all was well but two weeks later neither extruder nor bed heat up. The temperature of the bed is showing 187deg and the nozzle 129deg. I replaced the extrudiertes thermistor again (I bought a pack of two) and took the plunge and swapped the bed for a new one. Nothing has changed. I’ve checked cables and connectors and all seems well. Any idea what to check next? Thanks. 

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Welcome @nic996 - do you have a multimeter? You can check the value of the thermistor that way, to work out if the thermistor is faulty, or if the motherboard reading is defective.

• nic996nic996 Posts: 2Member
    Thank you. I did have a Multimeter but a friend borrowed it and didn’t return it 😡
    i guess from what you are saying is that the motherboard is fried. The thermistor for the extruder and bed can’t both be faulty at the same time and the replacements also both be faulty. That would be extremely unlucky. Then again, it’s not been a great year so far. 🙄
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    @nic996 - ah, unlucky. Have you tried the Find My iPhone Multimeter app? Yeah - I guess the more you can diagnose the specific fault, the clearer the solution will be. Hopefully things improve this year for many people .... take care, Sam
  • Laser8302Laser8302 Posts: 170Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
    I had a problem where the heater cartgridge was making the heat block a +24V rail and the the board fried through the thermistor. Somehow seitching the hot end heater wires at the boad helped. Get yourself a meter and check it just in case.