Homeβ€Ί JGAurora A5 & A3Sβ€Ί Getting Started & Troubleshooting

print doesn't even start

MattMatt Posts: 314🌟 Super Member 🌟

Hi. I searched a while in the forum for the issue, but nothing specific I found (or at least I guess). Also I see that anywhere around any arguments like this are often labeled as "stopping mid print", which isn't the case.
I formatted the usb pen ('cause an opinion of a maker stated that "formatting the pen sometimes solves the issue": evidently it wasn't the only problem in my case...), and I tried to print a simple model: the print doesn't even start, or, if it does, it stops after some seconds. I premit that the printer was coming from a long, complex and continous printing of some 11 hours (and, for instance, the same model, in a first attempt, stopped at 97%, whilst I tried to print it with the machine exiting from a series of trials, thus evidently heated), but I tried to have it to rest for some minutes, before starting this simple print. Now the model is printing good.
In your opinon, it is a good practice di have the machine rest for a good while between each print?

Post edited by Matt on

Comments

• michalko99michalko99 Posts: 153Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟

This happened to me a few times. Unfortunately I can confirm from my side, that it was caused by CRAP usb stick. It was really strange. With included USB from SanDisk I never had problem. CRAP key can be discovered easily by copying big file on it. If writing speed is 1MB/s or less, you found it. My printer was stopping at certain points then also. reformatting did not helped in that case. USB is pretty warm during printing, as Gcode parser is reading small portions of GCODE all the time during printing.
    Another issue might be temperature fluctuation. If temp is not stable for a few seconds at the beginning, printing will not start

Thanked by 1Matt
  • MattMatt Posts: 314🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited June 2021

Hi Michalko, thanks as always. The key's the one which came with the printer: I'll use another stick then. πŸ‘‹

Post edited by Matt on
  • michalko99michalko99 Posts: 153Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟

ok. let me know if you tried and what was result. Make sure it is FAT32 file system and not horribly big. My SanDisk is 8BG and no problems, just quick format from time to time. When my A5 is already preheated, I select print file and then there is around 1 minute delay before printing starts.

Thanked by 1Matt

Yes it worked so far. Let's see for the future. Cya.

edited August 2021

Used a 2gb key, now flawless.

Post edited by Matt on