Homeβ€Ί JGAurora A5 & A3Sβ€Ί Getting Started & Troubleshooting

strange behavior when slicing

MattMatt Posts: 299🌟 Super Member 🌟

When I import the attached stl into cura (491) and I place it on the plate using the "select face to align" method, it happens that the slicing endures alot, and, when I finally visualize the steps in step mode, a strange artifact similar to a fan (which wasn't in the modeling app, nor I modeled it), apparently made up of just one thin layer, appears at the 24th and last step of the printing task.
After the slicing operation, upon the prompt the name of the file doesn't appear, but just the filament grams/meters and zero time, in a very large amount. (see pic)
When trying to print it, it happens that, we the machine is ready to pass to the 24th step, the printer begins to print that "fan": the amount of time to arrive to the 24th step was a huge 8 hours.
This model is part of a ensemble consisting of two pieces, modeled in the same file: when I slice the second piece, nothing like this happens. I modeled again the object and the issue surfaced again.
Then I had the idea: instead of placing the model with the flat part downwards, I leaved it with the flat part upwards, and the slicing went fast as usual, plus I got the correct values for filament g/m. Obviously, I cannot print it that way.
Though, if I place it with the flat face downwards after rotating it along X instead of with face align, the time and g/m appear, but with staggering numbers (such as 4 days and 400 grams). If I rotate it furthermore along the Y axis, the app again slices it with difficulty and again the results of the attachment pic appear.
Why this happens?

Post edited by Matt on

Comments

  • michalko99michalko99 Posts: 143Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟

    no problem with file... Slicing takes about 1 second on my notebook.. Even with changed rotation, no issues. With correct orientation, my printing time shows 2h46m, 58g/19,37m of filament. Update your cura to latest version. I have 4.9.1 and no issues

  • MattMatt Posts: 299🌟 Super Member 🌟

    Hi, well, it is already 4.9.1, as I wrote in the prime line.

  • michalko99michalko99 Posts: 143Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟

    maybe you used some settings whose you did not understand..Here is my screenshot..

  • MattMatt Posts: 299🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited June 24

    Here's mine.

    Post edited by Matt on
  • michalko99michalko99 Posts: 143Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟

    reeeealy strange.. Go to help-show configuration folders-user. Backup your A5 files and replace with mine. Restart cura and slice again. Unzip my files at first
    I was not able to simulate your failure even by experimenting, so profile might be garbled.

    Thanked by 2Matt Samuel Pinches
  • MattMatt Posts: 299🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited June 25

    I'd thought that something has been mangled in the profile so I had the idea to uninstall & reinstall the same version before I could read your latest post. And it was that the culprit. I've lost all my profiles (don't know why: though I've chosed to save them, whilst uninstalling), but I solved. Thanks for the files though.

    Post edited by Matt on
  • MattMatt Posts: 299🌟 Super Member 🌟

    An update. Albeit sliced with a virgin installed Cura (btw I'm glad to see that it is Sam the one who cured the stuff for the JG printers), I notice a crude difference between this second part panel and the first part: the latter seems thicker and "solider".

Sign In or Register to comment.