Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Noise from hot end fan on start up

Less than a week after getting my JG Aurora A5, it started making a noise whenever I turn it on. As seen in this video, cycling it on and off several times causes the noise to stop, at which point the noise only comes back after the printer has been turned off for a while and then is turned back on. The noise is coming from the hot end fan area.  Sticking my finger into the upper fan to touch the spinning blades can sometimes stop the noise, but not always.  Any ideas?

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    it has been suggested to add a drop of machine oil to the fan motor bearing, this quietened the fan for some people.
  • AETEKAETEK Posts: 106🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited July 2018
    Hi,
    today I received 4 PCS of these Fans. They are really cheap.

Note: You need to order the 24V version for the A5.
    Post edited by AETEK on
  • Harry XiaoHarry Xiao Posts: 15Member
    Sorry guys, eh, I have the same problem. Including all points that you had pointed out. Even the last one that one time I accidentally touched the fan blade (caused it to slow down a little bit) and then the noise went away.

@AETEK so you replaced the fan and fixed the issue?
    Hello,
    no, my fan is still working. It does not run at full speed because of my conversion action to reduce noise. But if the fan makes problems then I have 4 pieces in stock as a spare part.

cheers
    AETEK
  • Harry XiaoHarry Xiao Posts: 15Member
    edited July 2018
    @AETEK

Thanks! But I would like to add what I've observed.
    From what I saw, when the fan is making noises it didn't rotate fast enough as it should. After awhile when the noise is gone, the rotation speed should return to normal. You should hear a faster rotation (more air flow) when it does.

It worries me, sometimes the noise doesn't go away you had to flick it several times to make it work. If not I think it will damage the hotend and the build quality due to insufficient cooling air flow.

I'm looking to find a way to fix it. I'll try to apply some machine oil first. Thanks @Samuel Pinches for the tip, btw.

Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
    Post edited by Harry Xiao on
    May you tell us if the machine oil fixed the problem?