Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Bed Just Not Heating

NoggogNoggog Posts: 1Member
My bed is refusing to heat.  When I set it to preheat, or start a print, it displays the current temp (which seems accurate) and the target temp, but just never goes up or heats.

This has happened a few times for short periods, but always went away before long.

This time it seems like it happened mid-print, and now won't heat up even after turning the printer on/off multiple times, starting/stopping prints, etc.  

I even tried attaching in Pronterface and telling it to heat though that, with similar results.  It said it was going to heat the printer bed, and then the console stayed silent.

Anyone have an idea of what's going on?
Post edited by Noggog on

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited October 2018
    Welcome @Noggog !

If you’re trying to heat, and it’s not heating, you should definitely see an error in pronterface. Do you want to try a screen sharing session with me?
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • Ben JaBen Ja Posts: 1Member
    Hello,
    I come to you because I have a problem with Jgaurora A5 model after March 2018.
    I explain to you:
    This morning I start with an impression with my usual parameters, after 10 min without stopping and I do not say that the bed is no longer 60 ° but I was 23 ° (room temperature). I think that it will go and that I propose to take again the impression, but that the plate does not rise in temperature so the printing is impossible!
    I did and tested:
    -Change Gcode,
    -print with a tray at 20 °, it works but it's not optimal,
    -Remove the connectors,
    -test the conductivity of the RAS cablass,
    -Tap the network voltage of the board, I have 24v under the board but it lasts just the time of a moment when I meet at 60 ° tray, then back to 0v after a few moments.
    I do not know what to do anymore I feel that it is the connection that relieves the cables from the board to the board. but I do not understand why the tension goes down to 0v ...
    Thanks for reading me;)
    and thank you to those who can help me.
    Benjamin.
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited October 2018
    @Ben Ja - please follow these troubleshooting steps:
    1. download pronterface
    2. connect to printer, and load gcode file into pronterface
    3. try to print using pronterface
    4. look for error in pronterface

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • sasasasa Posts: 36🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Same happened to me.
    Check the hotbed connector - it may be fried. This is quite common issue, actually. You can either order spare hotbed (USD 80) or try to remove connectors from hotbed and cable  and solder wires directly to hotbed contacts. There is small chance that vendor will pay for replacement but I failed that quest .

However
    you can print PLA without hotbed- just uncheck "hotbed' in Cura or other slicer. It is a bit more tricky but possible.
  • sasasasa Posts: 36🌟 Super Member 🌟