Home 3D Print Lounge

Newbe here, input please

EyeEye Posts: 115Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
Hi,

i am  New to 3d Printing,
and  got me  an A5, ...

I did   try to find my settings;  with Lots of reading  and some  Internet Pages mixed together i found  some  Cura settings that seem to work  the Out of  the stick version did not - 
the  alu extrusion rods for the enclosure are not even ordered yet ;)

The  pictures show the test  Thingy i found  here in an other threat ( i think  the 7. thing i ever printed  and the  third that worked ;),
And now i am on the  hunt for the perfect settings

what i  Got, and  you also see some of the problems  - I would love   some  input,  of people  that know  what they are doing as i am kind of  fumbling in the dark here  i am still on  my Trial PLA roll 

Sorry for my crappy English, i am not nativ ,)

Best regards 
Eye

Machine settings 
xyz 305, 305, 320
plate rectangular
Heated bead 
G code flavor Marlin

Head settings xy min 20, 10
Head settings xy max 10, 10
Gantry Hight 999999 mm

the changed cura settings i  mixed together
Global 
Quality
Layer Height 0.3
initial Layer Height 0,27
Material
Default build plate temperature 60
Build plate temp 67
Build plate temperature Initial Layer 67
Travel 
Combing mode Noskin
Support
Generate Support False
Build plate adhesion type skirt

Extruder 1
Quality
Layer height 0,2 
infill
Infill Density 10%
Material
Default Printing Temperature 220
Printing  Temperature Calculated
Printing  Temperature Initial layier Calculated
Initial Printing temperature  205
Retraction Distance 10
 retraction speed 60
Speed
Print speed 40
Infill speed 60
initial layer speed 15.0
Cooling 
Fan speed  50.0
Regular fan speed at layer   Calculated
Build plate adhesion
Skirt Line count 2 
Skirt distance 10
Brim width 10
Experimental 
Enable coasting True

i 

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Hi @Eye, welcome :smiley:
    Generally I would print with 0.2mm layers or less. 0.15 is a good height to aim for :) 0.3mm is more helpful if you want to do large prints, very quickly. 
    By the way, those prints look like a great start!! Well done!
  • EyeEye Posts: 115Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Thank you,

i did some more experiments; and  use of a Lego brick for "tweaking" 
    The difference   From  0.1 layer  to 0.3 layer is significant, from  15- 90 minutes for one Lego brick ;)

I bought  some kilo spools  and  i found  now that  the different types of PLA do  seem to Try to make it extra difficult, 
    Finding  Some Heat that the Stuff STICKS on the Board is  Less then fun ! ;)  

the white one  i  have  ATM,  works once, THEN does not  Stick at all with the same settings,...

For problems getting filament to stick, please read this page: http://jgaurorawiki.com/a5/bed-adhesion
    its getting strange
     i   have  designed a little part for the alu extrusion  box i  am  building For the   Ag,  and  the FIRST   come out okisch moist times;   one side  greate Corners the  other; less so

And Then; when i try tp Print  a 2ed With the same settings.,.. Desaster...

That all had  me  restarting with the heat settings for the new material  like 20 times ;)

Hmmm... the print that did stick correctly has a lot of lumps on it. Is your hot end leaking plastic from somewhere?
     dont think so, except for the nozzle itself of course

can it be that it i to HOT after beeing   in use fro a whiel;  , that the  sensor heat  and the Bed heat are not the same?

Ok, it is verry confusing, 
     i designed a ral for a door ,   and   becorse of shaking it gets   bad  at 10 cm, so i  Cut it to 5 cm Pices,..
    if i print one, all is fine, if i print several at once,  it gets  NOT good, 
    if i print a second with The exact same settings...  and did not Waite 20 minutes  or so (for cool down ?) it does not work,  (one  Platic blob)

yet if i print one after the other ; with  a cupple of minutes between; i t works fine... So at the monet i am at 5 cm / hour ;)

seems like  A  the temperature is not  uniform  ofer the  whole  plate, 
    and B, the plate is not   having the same  temp  like the plate had before only due to the sensor claimng it to be... 

does that sound paranoid?