Homeโ€บ JGAurora A5 & A3Sโ€บ Getting Started & Troubleshooting

remove bowden coupler

MattMatt Posts: 314๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
Right now the filament has been broken inside the tube. How to unscrew the tube to get it out of it? Why this isn't like any other coupler with the usual valve to release the tube?
Post edited by Matt on

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    It is supposed to work like the normal coupler, maybe your coupler is broken? Can you remove the other end, and then unscrew the entire coupler on the other end?
  • MattMatt Posts: 314๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
    Hi Sam. I figured it out, thanks. It was just blocked... Yet another usual problem given by bowdens: besides trashcanning a meter of filament wihich cannot be pushed on...
    I took my bowden outside of the corrugated black tube. I cut the length down to almost half. I definitely recommend doing the same.
    edited October 2018
    Ok, but still scared. I guess that these cons of bowden cannot be compare to cons of directdrives. We might ponder wheter to pass to the latter asap: perhaps using a slim stepper.
    Post edited by Matt on
    There is a kit to convert the A5 to direct drive:ย 
    https://www.shop.inventbox.com/en/jg-aurora-upgrades/jg-titan-mkii/jg-titan-mkii-kit-1

I will post a review of it on youtube this week.
    edited October 2018
    Yes, the Titan, you suggested to me in our primes posts... Pricey, and bulky, it seems. Perhaps a more compact and lightweighty thing (maybe using a teva11 or 14 or a 17 pancake, if 11 e 14 cannot do the job) would be better.
    Post edited by Matt on