Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

My X- Y- axis completely out (TMC2130 V1.1 (NEW SPI Version) Stepper Motor Drivers )

HI All

I have recently updated my stepper drivers X & Y to the new (TMC2130 V1.1 (NEW SPI Version) with sensorless homing enabled too. 
After following the great video by Da Hai Zhu's youtube tutorial ( and using the "tuning & upgrading the stepper drivers" link.

I find I have a new problem where by the X+ axis only move in one direction but stops quarter of the way in the other X-. 
(X+ Y+) is forcing itself to the far left when starting the first location on bed leveling setting, in fact all the 5 leveling location are out as if it all shifted towards the left. 

Moreover I also have also installed the TL-smothers to all 4 Axis previously.

It would be much appreciated if anybody could shed some light on my predicament thanks 

I own the A5 with the MKS Gen_L 1.0 Board 

Comments

• ProkktorProkktor Posts: 146🌟 Super Member 🌟
    I did not yet install the TCMs (have the printer for a week) but I remember reading the smoothers are for the original pollulu a... chips and do not work with the tcms...

I do have the tcms in my laser cutter and i never got stall detection to work there (i guess thats the tcm feature they use to replace the sensors) I had tons of false alerts and gave up after i while...

I would suggest keeping the endstop switches...
  • netzmarknetzmark Posts: 107🌟 Super Member 🌟
    I don't think tl-smoothers are needed for TCM.
  • Enrique RiriEnrique Riri Posts: 37🌟 Super Member 🌟
    >My experience: the smoothers are not needed anymore using TMC. I keep them off on my printers. installing SPI is a little tricky and require a lot of attention everywhere: firmware, wiring, cooling… But at the end, it works perfectly It took me a lot of time for my first printer, then less with my 2 others A5. >I was Lucky as new A5S are totally non relevant printers: you cannot do any improvement and no mesh levelling. TMC 2130 are the best option for A5; for sure.
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    I think tmc2208 are also a good option for A5. And yes, TL/diode smoothers should not be used with  TMC. Only required for A4988 and DRV8XXX drivers.