Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

PLA residue left on bed after printing too close

I'm new to the 3d printing game and was having a hard time getting the bed level on my a5. In one of my failed attempts, I printed my first layer at 0.1 mm with mesh bed leveling. This caused a very thin layer to be deposited on the bed. When I attempted to remove the print and especially the skirt, the PLA appears to be embedded into the bed surface.

I'm still able to print just fine, but I get discoloration where the prints touch the residued surface which leaves unsightly lines. Is there any way to remove this residue or am I SOL? 

Comments

• ryanh1904ryanh1904 Posts: 4Member
    Here's a picture of the bed.

• AndreAndre Posts: 16🌟 Super Member 🌟
    It may help to print an object onto the bed there the remaining PLA is. Warm up the bed higher than normal using PLA, maybe 80-90°C. Wait for 5 minutes. Print PLA with about 225°C, an object with at least 5 layers. The layer adheasion between the extremly think layer and the new object should become quite good. So after cooling down, it should be removed together with the new object.

Just a thoughts, I didn't try this on the JGAurora s surface. But on an other printer with other heatbed (Ender 3) it worked for me.
    Check with an smaller object first. I cant garant it will work - but you may simply try it
  • ryanh1904ryanh1904 Posts: 4Member
    Thanks for the advice Andre. Unfortunately, it did not work. 
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    What you are seeing is probably particle of brass from the nozzle that have been embedded into the ceramic surface. It is not removable, but it will not affect anything, it is merely cosmetic. I'm sorry this doesn't help with your problem.