Home 3D Print Lounge

Hey everyone

I have a problem with my printer it's not turning on anymore I don't have any electricity issues, and the last time I turn it off it because it refuses to print to extrude the filament and to do anything.

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited February 2019
    If it is not turning on, there could be a fault almost anywhere. If you unplug it from the wall, and then plug a USB cable from the printer into a PC, does the LCD turn on then?
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • BWA4126BWA4126 Posts: 4Member
    Hey Samuel, so I unplug it to the wall and I tried the USB cable and then the printer turn on.
    Thank you Samuel. So this means that I can't unplug to the wall now.
  • BWA4126BWA4126 Posts: 4Member
    Hey Samuel, I think I have another problem, my bed and my extruder is not heating. And the all axis is not responding as well. And I don't know what to do.
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited February 2019
    Sounds like the Power supply is fried, or there is a short circuit somewhere causing the power supply to shut down. A common cause of this is the clips on the bed. Please check they are not cutting into the heater tracks on the underside of the bed. Try removing the clips and see if this helps things.

Otherwise, unplug the printer from the wall. Open the case. Remove the 24V DC output wires coming out of the power supply.

Next, you need to be very careful with the exposed mains voltage components - plug in the wall power, and turn the printer power on, and check the output of the power supply with your multimeter. If you don't feel comfortable doing this check, then don't - get an electrician to test the power supply for you.

If it is 24V, the power supply is working, and it is likely a short circuit or fault elsewhere. If you don't get 24V, then you need to buy a new power supply.
    Thanked by 1BWA4126
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on