Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Z Axis Homing Issue (Too Low)

cs2000cs2000 Posts: 56🌟 Super Member 🌟

Hi all,

Just got my A5 printer from Gearbest, thankfully nothing seems to be damaged so that's good!

The first thing I did was flash the Marlin firmware and the community LCD firmware developed here, fantastic work all, thanks for that! and that all seemed OK, did a mesh bed level using the LCD interface and pressed the Save button, issuing the M29 T command in pronterface shows me my offsets were saved, but that's where the good news ends :(

After doing bed position 25, I pressed Next and pronterface said it was now at position -1 and I pressed save as previously said. The issue is that the nozzle is now below the print bed surface and the heater block is actually pressing down on the print bed.

I assumed maybe its a weird glitch or something and tried to print a benchy, but sadly the belts driving the axis make all kinds of grinding noises as the nozzle is still too low.

TL:DR - The nozzle is somehow too low on the Z axis, even though I did a mesh bed level perfectly, I even did it twice to be sure and got the same results. Its almost like the endstop is too low or something.

Have I made a silly mistake somewhere (this isn't my first 3d printer), or am I missing something obvious? Truly confused!

Would really appreciate any assistance!

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Thanked by 1cs2000
  • cs2000cs2000 Posts: 56🌟 Super Member 🌟

Hey Sam, thanks for the welcome, yes I did follow all the steps :) ive been reading this forum and the wiki since I ordered the thing a week ago.

I figured it out a few mins after posting this, weird how that works sometimes! The Z axis end stop was loose and so the adjuster was set right to the bottom, raised it right up and now it stops properly, I now need to re-do the mesh level now I suspect since ive messed with the end stop! haha

Thanks for your speedy response!

Oh, one more thing! In my bag os parts and accessories,. I got a white plastic tube thing (but not a circular tube) that looks like its supposed to go around a metal edge somewhere, but ive got no clue what its for?

• rhaub101rhaub101 Posts: 89🌟 Super Member 🌟
    It goes around the top of the printer where the wire bundle comes through to keep it from rubbing against the metal frame.
  • cs2000cs2000 Posts: 56🌟 Super Member 🌟

Perfect, thankyou!

Printing a benchy now, all seems to be going well! I cannot believe how quiet this thing is compared to my older printer, its insane!

Thanks again  everybody, really appreciate the speeds comments, this place and the wiki are an absolute goldmine of info! Not to mention how good the firmware is !

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Glad to hear you've had a positive experience :wink: