Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

JGaurora A5 doesn't connect to PC anymore

Hello Everyone, 

I uploaded my firmware to the custom version succesfully. I noticed my hotend got off setpoint and got thermal runaway errors. so I wanted to connect my printer to my pc and do some PID tuning. However, I get the following error from pronterface;
connect_to_printer
  File "printrun\printcore.pyc", line 46, in inner
  File "printrun\printcore.pyc", line 197, in connect
  File "serial\serialwin32.pyc", line 31, in __init__
  File "serial\serialutil.pyc", line 261, in __init__
  File "serial\serialwin32.pyc", line 71, in open
  File "serial\serialwin32.pyc", line 186, in _reconfigurePort
"ValueError: Cannot configure port, some setting was wrong. Original message: [Error 31] A device attached to the system is not functioning."
 I also checked if i could still connect to the arduino IDE, the answer is no. So my PC is not being able to comunnicate with the main board. 

Does anyone know how to tackle this problem? I already put the factory LCD firmware back, which didn't fix the problem. 

thx!

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited May 2019
    Please try restarting the PC, choosing the com port again, and the speed at 250000. Let me know if that fixes it.

Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • Christiaan VeeningChristiaan Veening Posts: 5Member
    Hi @Samuel Pinches, thx for suggesting this forum (contacted you earlier on YouTube). I did restart my pc, but the error remains :( also tried different USB cable and port. 

edited May 2019
    But the printer works perfectly otherwise via the LCD? Very odd. Hmmm...
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    I will verify if it will start a print, but i guess so. despite the fact that the printers suffers from thermal runaway, would not imply I won't be able to connect is to my pc, right?. Very odd indeed..:/ 
    Can you give us a few more details - what operating system, what driver you’re using? Does the com port show up in device manager when you plug the printer in? What does it show then?
    I am operating on Windows 10. The arduino IDE and pronterface both refuse connecting, while the printer perfectly follows the Gcode on my usb stick. COM port  does shows up, it shows as:

I am apperently using a matterhackers driver?

I also tried changing the COM port, but the same issue remains.
    edited May 2019
    WOW! Thanks @Samuel Pinches for bringen that up! Somehow my mattercontrol driver conflicted with the driver that is supposed to be used for communicating towards the motherboard. By manually deleted the driver and installing the correct driver again the communcation restored.

And regarding my thermal runaway: Probably a faulty thermistor, for which I ordered new ones. Thx!
    Post edited by Christiaan Veening on
    Glad you found the cause :smiley:
  • SparkSpark Posts: 49🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited July 2019
    This was the exact post!  YIPPY thanks - had the same problem on the A1.  Thanks!!  
    Post edited by Spark on