Homeβ€Ί JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2β€Ί Modifications & Upgrades

Auto Bed Leveling

2Β»

Comments

• FrezapFrezap Posts: 21Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
    There is no need to splice into the ribbon cable. Once it is confirmed that bltouch works with marlin we can solder a wire to the contacts which look like a chip (SRAM) is missing, left to the lcd header.

I assume you are using octoprint or something similar so you dont need the lcd for testing.

I set SERVO_PIN to PD7
  • eyeseyes Posts: 70🌟 Super Member 🌟
    I connected the BLTouch with the new setup and when I try to runΒ M280 P0 S120 (self test) I get an unknown command M280. I tried just M280 with the same results. I have BLtouch enabled in configuration.h. I don't know any other reason why it would not recognize M280 as an available command. Have you ever seen this?
    edited August 2019
    Update: Apparently Marlin is not seeing that I have a BLTouch. When I boot up, Octoprint shows

Recv: FIRMWARE_NAME:Marlin bugfix-2.0.x (Github) SOURCE_CODE_URL:https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin PROTOCOL_VERSION:1.0 MACHINE_TYPE:JGAurora A5S EXTRUDER_COUNT:1 UUID:cede2a2f-41a2-4748-9b12-c55c62f367ff
    Recv: Cap:SERIAL_XON_XOFF:0
    Recv: Cap:BINARY_FILE_TRANSFER:0
    Recv: Cap:EEPROM:1
    Recv: Cap:VOLUMETRIC:1
    Recv: Cap:AUTOREPORT_TEMP:1
    Recv: Cap:PROGRESS:0
    Recv: Cap:PRINT_JOB:1
    Recv: Cap:AUTOLEVEL:0
    Recv: Cap:Z_PROBE:0
    Recv: Cap:LEVELING_DATA:1
    Recv: Cap:BUILD_PERCENT:0
    Recv: Cap:SOFTWARE_POWER:0
    Recv: Cap:TOGGLE_LIGHTS:0
    Recv: Cap:CASE_LIGHT_BRIGHTNESS:0
    Recv: Cap:EMERGENCY_PARSER:0
    Recv: Cap:PROMPT_SUPPORT:0
    Recv: Cap:AUTOREPORT_SD_STATUS:0
    Recv: Cap:THERMAL_PROTECTION:1
    Recv: Cap:MOTION_MODES:0
    Recv: Cap:CHAMBER_TEMPERATURE:0

Post edited by eyes on
    edited August 2019
    Not sure if the BLTouch may be wired wrong so not showing up. I may try unplugging it from my other printer to see if bootup shows autoleveling and a z probe. If it shows up with it unplugged then its part of the config. Still troubleshooting. The new MKS v1.3 board is sounding great right now.
    Post edited by eyes on
    edited August 2019
    too large - removed
    Post edited by eyes on
    edited August 2019
    too large - removed
    Post edited by eyes on
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Note: The endstops pins are not directly connected to the cpu - there is also a resistor and capacitor in that circuit, presumably to help with debouncing of the original signal. Man, BLtouch stuff is finicky, I still don't get it.

Β I suggest putting your efforts into trying the pins that were confirmed to work. I have not seen anyone succeed using the endstop pins for whatever reason.
    I tried the pins Frezap used with no luck. My firmware didn't show it as connected (terminal view when connecting to Octoprint). I don't know if I missed something in the config.h file or if is something else going on. The BLTouch didn't even show the LEDs that indicate it is corrected properly.
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Its sounding to me like a configuration.h problem. :no_mouth:
    I think so too, but I can't find it. I'm comparing it to a working one from 1.1.9 and it looks like it should work. There must be a difference with Marlin 2.0 I am missing.