Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Modifications & Upgrades

AUTO OFF

Bonjour à tous, je suis surpris que notre imprimante A5S n'est pas une mise en veille automatique après l'impression à 100%. Y aurait il moyen de modifier l'imprimante pour faire cette fonction ? Merci

Hello everyone, I'm surprised that our A5S printer is not an automatic standby after 100% printing. Would there be way to change the printer to do this function? Thank you

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Hello @Franck Jaffre , welcome to the forum -- Bonjour!
    The main power supply is always on, the main motherboard does not have the ability to control it on or off. At the end of the print, the nozzle and bed will cool down, and the part cooling fan will turn off. But the other fans unfortunately will stay on.

Adding control of all those features would require extra components, and this is likely not included in order to keep the price of this printer so low.
  • Franck JaffreFranck Jaffre Posts: 4Member
    J'ai installé un relais commandé en WIFI sur l'alimentation de l'imprimante. Dans ma pièce j'ai une camera IP, qui me permet de pouvoir visionner l'impression. Quand je vois que l'impression est terminée, je coupe l'alimentation a distance. Il serait intéressant de pouvoir commander un relais a la fin de l'impression. Je n'ai pas les connaissance suffisante pour modifier le firmware, mais pour le branchement pas de problème. Alors si quelqu'un peu m'aider, je serais ravis.

I installed a relay controlled by WIFI on the power supply of the printer. In my room I have an IP camera, which allows me to view the print. When I see that the printing is complete, I cut the power supply remotely. It would be interesting to be able to order a relay at the end of printing. I do not have enough knowledge to change the firmware, but for the connection no problem. So if anyone can help me, I would be delighted.
    edited August 2019
    You could modify the firmware to turn off after printing, but how will you turn it on again, because the controller will be off too?

I think you could use Octoprint to control this relay. I am sorry, but I don't have the ability to assist with this project.
    Thanked by 1Franck Jaffre
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • rhaub101rhaub101 Posts: 89🌟 Super Member 🌟

This is is how I do it. At the end of the print, the bed moves forward and tripper turns the switch off.
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
    edited August 2019
    Very nice work @rhaub101 - I like it a lot!  :D 

Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    Il suffit que l'imprimante envoie une impulsion sur une circuit bistable. Une impulsion pour avoir un "ON" et une impulsion pour avoir un "OFF". Le "ON" sera un bouton poussoir et le "OFF" une impulsion depuis l'imprimante.

Merci rhaub101, l’idée est bonne aussi !

It is sufficient for the printer to send a pulse on a bistable circuit. A pulse to have an "ON" and a pulse to have an "OFF". The "ON" will be a push button and the "OFF" a pulse from the printer.

Thank you rhaub101, the idea is good too!
  • rhaub101rhaub101 Posts: 89🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Yeah, but I have no idea how to do that. Wiring up a light switch is pretty simple and does not require opening or modifying the printer. Sometimes simple is better.
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
    Disons que s'est un peu un passe temps, une passion pour moi ! je n'ai pas encore ouvert l'imprimante, mais le jour ou elle le sera je regarderais de plus prêt comment s'est fait la dedans...