Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Temp. not correct when plugging in to PC

Has anyone had an issue with the JGaurora A5 showing insane temps when plugged into their PC? This ONLY happens when I plug it into any port on my new desktop. I have a feeling it has to do with the PC only having USB3 ports as this does not happen when I plug into my raspberry pi running octoprint.

Kind of weird...

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    This is a grounding issue due to a wiring issue. Please contact JGAurora for a replacement USB cable that will fix this problem.
    Thanked by 1g_pwn
  • g_pwng_pwn Posts: 29Active Member
    Hey Sam,

Thanks for the response! I'm guessing you're referring to the internal cable? I replaced the external cable (the one that plugs into the pc) so im assuming its the internal one you mean.

Thanks again!
    Hey, no, I am referring to the external one. Does your printer serial number have a letter at the end?
    The raspberry pi is not grounded, the desktop PC is. That is why you don't see the problem on the pi.
    Hey Sam,

I'll have to double check about the serial number when I get home tonight.

Since I've replaced the external cable with a new one, it has to be something else, right? Or does the printer require some special cable to be able to connect to a PC?
    I've replaced the external one with this Amazon basics cable

Makes sense about the pi not being grounded!
    edited October 2019
    JGaurora has a special one... I think the ground and 5V lines are disconnected. Can you try this, unplug the printer from PC and mains, and check the continuity/resistance between the ground pin on mains pin on printer, and the grounding on the USB plug socket shielding?
    Thanked by 1g_pwn
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    Thanks Sam!

I'll check resistance once I get home tonight, will report back soon