Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Temperature issue

MattMatt Posts: 314🌟 Super Member 🌟
Hi, since some days, along with the "home issue" (still unanswered: peraphs due my fault in expressing myself), I'm experimenting also a temperature issue. When I hit the heat button, I already see the temperature at 365/180, although the printhead is cold. What's up with this now?
Post edited by Matt on

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited October 2019
    Temperatures are measured by a thermistor. Thermistor = temperature sensitive resistor. High temperature = low resistance, Low temperature = high resistance. High temperature readings can be due to ground faults, short circuits, or damaged temperature reading pins on the motherboard. Check your wiring is not damaged, especially around the hotend. If you swap the thermistor for the bed and the nozzle on the motherboard, does the reading change, and is the faulty reading transferred to the bed temperature display?

Please see wiki for more info: https://jgaurorawiki.com/a5/FAQ - I have already put many detailed troubleshooting guides for temperature issues on there.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • MattMatt Posts: 314🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited October 2019
    Hi. There was some repentine lacks of courent, due to some rains here, some days ago: I have the apc, and such a problem didn't showed up after other temporals previously. No, I don't see any damages on the wire. I removed the parts from the hotend (nozzle, resistor and thermistor) some days ago, in order to clean the throat from a clogging: the printer worked until 10 mins before I wrote this post. I even removed the thermistor and replaced in its hole again. Now even if I fire it up over and over, the startup temp is still 265/180, but sometimes even starts from 5/180 or 50/180. Other times it starts normally and heats nomally! I gave a poke to the external cables tho.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    It sounds like you will need to troubleshoot further to narrow down the cause, and will need to open the case. Please read all the advice I have posted on the wiki so you have an idea of what you need to do, and what you are looking for.
  • MattMatt Posts: 314🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited October 2019
    Well, I move alittle the wiring on the side of the printer, and from 365 it drops to 6-7 or so, then it begins to count normally. Perhaps the plugging contacts have some probs.
    Post edited by Matt on