Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

IR Sensor does not work

Hi, today I did some modifications.
First I got the TMC2130 for X,Y,Z and E0 in my JG A5. After that I also would like to implement the IR Sensor like mentinoed on thingivers, but this does not word.

The first software changes which I did were exactly like Da Hai did in his video. Everything perfect so far.
After that I did the same changes on the already modified software (which will be provided in the download package of thingiverse), but at this time the Z endstop does not work. 
I would like to keep the physical endstop as mentioned from Samuel. But now the Z homing does not go down, it goes up and up again.

Are there some necessary changes in the software for that?

Thank you

Best Regards
Mario

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    I used the IR sensor and kept the Z min endstop too. Maybe you would like to have a look at my personal firmware to see my configuration. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n3xdyl9c2sl6k62/AABE144HNYiM5O6tfdpkwJJba?dl=0&m=

I stopped using the IR sensor as I had some problems with it not working well, probably because of the pattern on the bed.
    Thanked by 1Mario Wurzinger
  • Mario WurzingerMario Wurzinger Posts: 12Member
    Thanks you. I will check your configuration. I hope it will work, but I already got some concerns about the structure of the pad.

I tried now to figure out how to change the config to get it work. For now I was not able to get it done.
    I am using the Config file 1.1.8 C including the modification from Da Hai for the TMC2130 - stealth chop.

I did the modifications in your file from the "Configuration.h" but I seems to be still the physical Z stop which is working. Maybe I did something wrong.
    Than i did some version of the thingivers Config and your settings. But also not satisfying - seems also that the physical Z stop is working.

Not sure if I should use the pin on the physical Z stop to get it working.

Not that easy for me.
    edited August 2018
    I made a very rough video showing the IR wiring here, maybe this will give you a clue?

Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    You can test your endstop function in Pronterface, using command M119.
    Thank you. I already know your video and I also did the wiring as you mentioned.
    Are the changes just in Configuration.h or are there other changes necessary?

BR
    Mario
    I think its just Configuration.h that you need to change. The only other thing you might need to change would be remapping the z-max pin in pins_RAMPS.h, I can't remember sorry.
    Thank you for your support.
    I am currently printing a project for my son. After that I would like to try it again.

Best Regards
    Mario
    Sorry for the late response to this topic.
    It was hard to find the time for some modifications and it was quiet harder to achieve the result which I was looking for.

But now I am done with the IR Sensor modifications and it works really fine. Unfortunately I was not able to use the z-max pin (could not find the right settings to get it working) to connect the IR Sensor. Now I am using the z-min, some changes in marlin and it works great for me so far.

Thank you again for your Support Samuel, I really appreciate it.

Thanks Mario, glad to hear you got it working!
    Best,
    Sam