Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Printing Hatchbox PLA issues

So I printed quite a few objects with the included filament.  I had good bed adhesion and could print with only a skirt.  205/60-55 with 8mm retraction.  

I ran through the included filament and started a spool of hatchbox PLA that I thought would be higher quality.  I am having serious bed adhesion issues with the same settings.  I have had no success without a significant brim.  Even the brim starts to curl.  I have lowered temps to 195/ 55-50 same retraction settings.  The hatchbox has a lower suggested temperature range.  If I get past the first few layers the print will succeed.

Anyone else have experience with hatchbox?

I have also releveled the bed using mesh.  I am running the community firmware.

Comments

• DaHaiDaHai Posts: 36🌟 Super Member 🌟
    I find that its usually better to increase the first layer nozzle temperature if I'm having problems with bed adhesion.
    I would suggest trying 210-220c for the nozzle and 60-65c for the bed at 20-25mm/s for the first layer
    Hope this helps.
  • compman2compman2 Posts: 19Member
    I started with those settings and had prints warp after being on the bed for a while.  Somewhere I read if you are having warping problems with pla most likely your bed is to hot.
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Please have a look on the wiki and check all of the following tips:
    https://jgaurorawiki.com/a5/bed-adhesion

Sometimes particular colours just have problems too, but I have always had success with the steps above.
  • compman2compman2 Posts: 19Member
    Problem solved.  1st problem I was cleaning the bed with windex and that caused adhesion issues.  2nd problem I lost the mesh load out of my start gcode.  I cleaned the bed with dish soap and water and added the M420 S1 command in start gcode after G28.  All is now well.