Home› JGMaker Magic

Adjusting print location

DavestrainDavestrain Posts: 7Member
It wants to print on the corner part on the table part off how can I adjust this

Comments

• NickstatsNickstats Posts: 12Member
    Hey Davestrain, In order to do this you will need to go into your slicer and move the the part to your preferred location. If you're using Cura, you can just drag it to where you would like it to print. In Simplify3D, you have to select the "translate models" option, then you can drag it to the corner. Hope this helps!
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Welcome @Davestrain -this is actually a common question and is answered on the wiki here:

edited May 2020
    @Davestrain - the fact that you have run into this problem also tells me that you are not using the included profile for the JGMaker Magic that is included with the latest version of the Cura Slicer. I would highly recommend you use that to get started.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • DavestrainDavestrain Posts: 7Member
    edited May 2020
    I am totally new to this. I unclicked the box that said Origin center and that allowed the printhead to start working closer to the center.  There was no information or instructions about the machine except the manual on how to put it together. To me the troubleshooting section is worthless  because there are no instructions on how to fix your problem. I'm using Cura 3.2 the version 4.6 won't open on my Mac.
    Post edited by Davestrain on
    edited May 2020
    @Davestrain - Please, I don't mean to blame you for any of this! I apologise if it came across that way. I was trying to figure out how this problem occurred for you, since the printer normally comes with JGCreat on the USB, instead of Cura , so I assumed you must have downloaded Cura from somewhere else. Cura version 4 came out around the time the JGMaker was released. That's certainly unfortunate that the latest version won't work on your Mac. Are there any error messages in particular? :disappointed:  (thanks Apple).

The USB didn't work at all nothing showed up on the screen. The SD card opened on the computer most files would not open. JG maker PDF open which showed assembly instructions. The Mac folder opened that's where I found Cura-15.04.2-MacOS also Ultimaker Cura-3.3.1-Darwin. So i used the MacOs 

I opened the Cura-15.04.2-MacOS it said update available for Cura 3.2.1 so that's what I used. I just now went back to the SD card opened up the Mac file and open the Ultimaker Cura-3.3.1-Darwin.
    It list, 3-D maker starter, JG maker, Ultramaker S5 as printers where should I start?
    edited May 2020
    @Davestrain - sorry, honestly, I have no idea.  If you download version 3.3.1 from the Ultimaker Cura website, you will see it does not include those profiles.
    The version Cura 3.3.1 you have must have been modified by JGAurora, and I have no idea what settings they chose in those profiles. Maybe try the JG maker one first, and then try the 3-D maker starter next if that doesn't work.
    I submitted the JGMaker Magic profiles to Ultimaker (who make Cura), but those profiles were only included in version 4 onwards.
    Thank you for your help I tried the 3-D maker starter and it worked fine now all I have to do is learn all the set ups.

I really appreciate the quick responses thank you again
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches