Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Extruder Head Not Heating

Hi there, 

I recently purchased a JG Aurora A5S printer and was setting it up for the first time. After I assembled it based on the instruction, everything was fine all the way until I tried to heat up the extruder head for inserting filaments. The machine is entirely new and I don't know how to fix this problem. I would really appreciate if anyone knows what I should do! Thank you!

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited March 2020
    Welcome @Des !
    what temperature does the nozzle show on the screen? Please check all the connections on the side of the printer are firmly inserted.
    Thanked by 1Des
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • DesDes Posts: 2Member
    edited March 2020
    Hi Samuel @Samuel Pinches

The nozzle on the screen shows 21/200 and never goes up from 21. All of the wire on the side are firmly inserted. Thank you for your help. I saw your review on youtube as well :)
    Post edited by Des on
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited March 2020
    Thanks @Des :smiley:
    Ok, so it sounds like a valid temperature reading. If you hold your hand on the nozzle (or borrow a hair drier etc) can you get the reading to increase to say 25C? If the temperature increases successfully, then that indicates the fault is on the heater circuit. Either:
    • The nozzle heater mosfet on the motherboard has failed
    • There is a break in the connections between the motherboard and the nozzle heater
    • The nozzle heater cartridge has failed
    I'm presuming a few things here - can you heat the bed successfully? Is the printer turned on (e.g. not just plugged in via USB)? Are you able to home all the axis?
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on