Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

So... Thermistor question.

Richy_TRichy_T Posts: 142🌟 Super Member 🌟
If anyone has seen my "killed it" post, you'll know that my printer board was killed by a thermistor getting grounded accidentally. Now I'm keen for that not to happen again. The thermistor placed in a small hole and held there with a plate secured with a screw. Poking into the hole reveals that there is no insulation and that all the surface is available for a grounding event. For the thermistor that caused the event, I was careful to try to ensure as little metal as possible was showing when I put it together. Yet still a little jostling of the wires was enough to destroy my board. I do have a replacement OEM thermistor in stock so I thought I'd take a look and see if it was better protected against this possibility. Well, results below...

A bit less than ideal, I think.

The piece of plastic on the right can be slid to cover the exposed wire but that is just how it was when I took a look. Really not very comforting. I think I'm going to wrap a small amount of kapton tape around it just to help protect it. Though I guess my question is fi there's just something I'm missing about how you're supposed to mount these things to the printer. As far as I could tell, there was no kind of insulation on the original thermistor.

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    paint the exposed area with nail polish perhaps?

Thanked by 1giantrobot2001
  • Richy_TRichy_T Posts: 142🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Maybe a small dab of silicone. It's all back working now so I'm not going to mess with it.