Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

No Extrusion

Hello. Recently was given an A5s that didnt  work. I have a smaller 3d printer that works fine, but I'd like to be able to printer larger parts. I'm not real savvy with all the part names but I'm going to try my best.

When the printer was given to me, the motor made a loud noise like it was stuck. Upon disassembly, the gears were pretty chewed up, so I ordered (and waited) for it to come from JG. After some perusing of this site, it appears a lot of people upgrade to different extruders and other parts. So I ordered this, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QDV7ZVJ and added the bracket from thingiverse. Everything appeared like it appreciated its new found parts, filament fed, got to hot end, but would not go through the nozzle. Just stuck there. If I push on it manually, it would extrude through. Ok. It hadnt been used in a while. So I bought a new nozzle and noticed someone mentioned capricorn tubing. Get the parts, there's no tubing in the throat at all, so I put it in, swap out the nozzle. Same problem.  I can start a print, looks like its processing, 0%, it moves around the bed likes its printing (sorta funny) but nothing actually extrudes. If I push the filament, it comes out, and works. 

Any thoughts on this? 

Comments

• mjragemjrage Posts: 2Member
    Also. As the filament feed, it will bunch up like it wants to push through the nozzle, but bunches up back at the cold side/extruder/motor end (and push the tube up and out) 
  • giantrobot2001giantrobot2001 Posts: 106🌟 Super Member 🌟
    I don't understand pushing the tube out.  It would usually just stop at the extruder motor and grind the filament.  is that the correct pass through connector where the tube goes all the way through the connector?