Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

jgaurora A5S, defective electrical control

Received via email

Message Body:
Sehr geehrter Herr Pinches,
wenn ich den 3D Drucker jgaurora a5S einschalte erhalte ich auf dem Display die Meldung:
Fat Mount Fail
Execute FW.....   .
dann folgt das blaue Firmenlogo und zum Schluß das Menue zum Aufrufen der Funktionen. Wenn eine Funktion aufrufen will dann erfolgt kein Wechsel auf die nächste Bedienungsebene.
Diese Situation ist nach dem Aufrufen des "Home" und der Anzeige der Funktionen : All- x-y-z- entstanden. Dann verweigerte die el. Steuerung die Ausführung der aufgerufenen Funktion.
Das Display "Touch Screenshot" zeigt nach eneutem Ab-undEnschalten immer wieder die Buttons zum Bedienen des 3D Druckers.
Ich habe bereits mehrmals die Firmware geladen und gehe davon aus das alles richtig abgelaufen ist da der Fortschrittbalken 0-100%
angezeigt wurde.
Könnten Sie mir bitte mitteilen was an der Druckersteuerung defekt ist damit ich die Reparatur durch Austausch der Bauteile instand setzen kann. Oder wie bei der Fehlersuche vorgehen soll. Wenn Sie auch Empfehlungen über die zu verwendenden Bauteile geben könnten würde mir das sehr helfen.
Für Ihre Bemühungen haben Sie im voraus besten Dank.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
----------------------

Dear Mr. Pinches,
when I switch on the 3D printer jgaurora a5S I get the message on the display:
Fat Mount Fail
Execute FW ......
then the blue company logo follows and finally the menu for calling up the functions. If you want to call up a function, there is no change to the next operating level.
This situation arose after calling up "Home" and displaying the functions: All- x-y-z-. Then the electronic control refused to execute the called function.
The "Touch Screenshot" display shows the buttons for operating the 3D printer again and again after switching it off and on again.
I have already loaded the firmware several times and assume that everything went correctly because the progress bar 0-100%
was displayed.
Could you please tell me what is defective in the printer control so that I can fix the repair by replacing the components. Or how to proceed with troubleshooting. If you could also give recommendations about the components to be used that would help me a lot.
Thank you in advance for your efforts.

With best regards

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Hello,

1) Firstly, the "fat mount fail, execute FW" is all normal. This is produced by the bootloader before the printer starts up.

2) I am having trouble imagining the problem. Perhaps you can upload a video or some photos?

3) You could try install my custom firmware at firmware.jgmakerwiki.com - even if it does not work, it may give more of an error message.

4) The A5S motherboard has no replacable parts. If it is defective, most likely the whole board needs to be replaced.

5) The printer movement is not working, but does the heating of the bed or nozzle work?

6) I assume that you think the touch screen panel itself is functioning correctly?
    edited January 2021
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on

It appears the LCD touch screen is faulty. I would suggest trying to install my custom firmware (firmware.jgmakerwiki.com) . Then, you should be able to connect with pronterface from a computer. Then, you can try to move the axis using the controls in pronterface. If that works, then it confirms the LCD is faulty.