Homeโ€บ JGAurora A5 & A3Sโ€บ Modifications & Upgrades

MOSFET for bed and extruder

djauroradjaurora Posts: 35๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
Someone upgrade A5 and add 2x mosfet for bed and extruder? Someone can make tutorial how to do this? Thanks

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    The result of this upgrade was no improvement :)
  • djauroradjaurora Posts: 35๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
    I mean really about the time of heating the table and the extruder
    Yes, the result of this upgrade was no improvement - the motherboard components are acceptable already. The A5 does not need an upgrade in this area.
    It's a shame because I noticed that the table first heats up and then the extruder. It seems to me that after using mosfets, the table and extruder could become hot at the same time. At a print temperature of 250 degrees, just heating takes a good few minutes. Are you sure you can not shorten the heating process time by using mosfet's?
    ย Yes, a MOSFET will not reduce the time. ย It is the design of the firmware that tells the bed to heat up first and then the extra. Personally I like to control both at the same time too - so I pre-heat manually using the LCD or computer software, and then when I start to print it begins almost instantly .
    Yes, now iam using preheat too, but, You know, i would like:
    not preheat
    click: print
    wait reallly short moment and see printing my project
    :)ย 
    The power supply is the limitation - 350W is a little low for 300x300mm bed. A more powerful power supply will not fit inside the case. 480W reduced the time a little for me, but really you need 600W 24V to make heating very quick. Then you will need a mosfet upgrade to handle the extra power!
    ok, now i know all about it. thanks