Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Modifications & Upgrades

[South Carolina, USA] Does anyone do upgrades on these for people?

GrayCountertopGrayCountertop Posts: 38Member
edited March 2019 in Modifications & Upgrades
Preferably I would like to send my printer to someone and pay them to do a range of upgrades on it. Anything that they would be available to do I'm intrested in, but for the most part I just want it to automatically level itself. Err rather I want some sort of sensor that tells me when to stop screwing the bed screws to find the optimal point of "ok now it will print".

Maybe someone could personally help me over the web on how to do this myself. I'm just very nervous and don't work well alone, so I feel like either getting someone over, lets say discord, to help out or outright paying someone, shipping the printer off, and having it shipped back is my only real options here. 
Post edited by Samuel Pinches on

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Welcome @GrayCountertop - whereabouts are you located in the world?
  • GrayCountertopGrayCountertop Posts: 38Member
    Greenville SC. 
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    I'm going to assume that is South Carolina, US of A? Unfortunately I'm based in Australia - maybe someone else here will be able to help.
  • Der_MuckDer_Muck Posts: 265🌟 Super Member 🌟
    And I am from Austria I am also far away :/
     Hehehe sorry XD 
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
    I'm down to ship it cross country guys. 

Just got word that my mom's dog needs a wheelchair so I guess I really need it now. 
    The problem i see with it is that when somebody does your mods, you have the problem that you have a special version of your printer and you must know how its working and how to handle it.

With the work on the mods you learn very very much and you understand how to handle that system. 
    I still have to change some things in the firmware to get the max. out of it. So when a other person does the mods. you have the problem that you dont know how to do some things on it.

With BLtouch solutions its not easy, its working realy well and you dont have to level anymore. Sounds good but when you touch the sensor (springs hold it in place) you will change the offset and you have to reset it in the firmware or in the slicer. One touch can easy change it to +-0,05 
    And changing the offset is much more work than simply turn 4 screws and level per hand.

Try reading and learning how to do the upgrades and deside if you can do it yourself and if no, deside if you can handle and learn different settings and do some service on the not self made mods. 

Its not the way that somebody does your upgrades and the printer is working without care alone. Thats never the case in 3D printing. 
    You have a very good point, which was why I also posted in my local makerspace about doing the mods myself but with someone who's more experienced than I am. I still need to update the firmware and the LCD firmware and will try to do that tonight. Maybe that will help the whole thing to work? I have no idea.

Also going to rebuild the cura profile and try to relevel the entire thing. Wish me luck. Other than that, I have a dog wheelchair and now my little brothers school project on the to-do. Which is great, because noone is helping me with either at this point. Oh well. 

Didn't know if anyone ran any sort of shop/services on here, which was why I posted. 
    Your print is important, I can give you the tip, you dont have to mod anything before your priority print because the A5 prints very well in the standard condition.
    Just level propperly and find your filament settings.
    Than you can print your project. After that you can take some time and learn how to do some mods, one after one.
    Thats much better than do some not realy nessesary mods. you need time to learn how to work with them to.
    If you have any questions, you have that forum for that ;) good luck!
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches