Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Modifications & Upgrades

power supply inside

djauroradjaurora Posts: 35🌟 Super Member 🌟
Hello, someone opened power supply? Can take a photo what is really inside?
And can to measure fan and give dimensions and its thickness as well as the specification, i.e. voltage, is it 24v?

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    The exact A5 power supply is linked on the wiki. It’s a meanwell LRS-350-24
    I haven’t opened mine up yet, but a replacement fan is linked here : https://jgaurorawiki.com/a5/troubleshooting#spare-parts

The powersupply fan is 12V even though the power supply itself is 24V. All the other fans in the printer are 24V
  • djauroradjaurora Posts: 35🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Cant see any info about powersupply fan in this link
    Sorry, I moved things around a little, please try this link: https://jgaurorawiki.com/a5/spare-parts

• HevilpHevilp Posts: 136🌟 Super Member 🌟
    The powersupply fan is 12V even though the power supply itself is 24V. All the other fans in the printer are 24V

Is that true? On the board they are 5 Volt or? Dahai said that in his Video
    I am taking my advice from Dahai on this matter - can you show me what time in which video you are referring to please? All the other fans in the printer are definitely 24V - the only one that is different, is the power supply internal fan, which I thought DaHai said was 12V. Check the fan - they are all labelled with power and voltage.
  • djauroradjaurora Posts: 35🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited April 2018
    today i had time, and opened printer to power supply fan change. Its true, that fan nominal voltage is 12V but isnt constant. Sometimes when ??? temperature is higher ??? or i dont know why, but if printer printing something, voltage is higher, i note 14,3V, and  the turnover is higher, so fan working louder, much louder. I changed all fans and this in power supply was last one. I measured its volume and it goes over 70db.
    Was problem, because all my fans too thick and do not fit into the casing of the power supply. So i decided to stay this orgiginal fan till i buy new one with 15mm thickness, but i connected it to an external inverter with an output 5V power supply which I also use to power the fan which cools the radiator of the print head. This caused the fan to work much more quietly (except its housing, its volume is about 37db it is 50% lower than it was plugget into orginal 12v) but its performance is good enough. I must add that this power supply fan now, is working all the time, and it is not audible when we are at the printer, in contrast to the original connection, where the fan turns on the pavement, it is not known when it is audible

Below fotos 

Post edited by djaurora on
    Nice work - stay safe! I am stating the obvious, but it is a little dangerous to open up the power supply.