Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Here's a doozy for ya...A1, A5S, etc.

Ok,
So my overloaded high tendancy to make things harder brain has kicked in and was wondering if another option in the custom firmware would even be possible...(Lord help us all...hehe)
Well, we have auto home, bed leveling (corners and mesh), axis movent etc. in the movement menu so I was curios if we could possibly have something like "lubrication"...lol.
We all know it's important to keep everything lubed for optimal performance so how about a function that after the printer was auto homed then it could be sent through a lubrication cyle.  i.e. sent through a complete range on each axis and back to the home position  (300x300x300 for the A1, 305x305x320 for the A5S, etc.)  (or at least the Z axis since it's easy enough to move the bed and hotend by hand...Z axis not so easy to move by hand...)Thinking you can get the picture...
Would make it easy after say, so many prints or once a week/month...whatever, to just lube the rods and screws, send it off to the lube cycle and voila, done...no sitting and pushing buttons  to move the axis to spread the lube...hehe.

Ok, so like I said...my brain goes into overdrive at times...hope everyone get a good chuckle...but.......it could be an option.... :D

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    @rhythmdave - sounds like a good idea! But this could just be done by writing some Gcode by hand. You could choose this to run like any normal print, to run that operation when you wanted.

G28 ; this homes all axis
    G0 X100 F1200 ; this moves X axis to 100mm, at a speed of 1200mm / min ( = 20mm/s)
    etc etc