Homeβ€Ί JGAurora A5 & A3Sβ€Ί Modifications & Upgrades

On the go to install tl_smoothers

MattMatt Posts: 314🌟 Super Member 🌟
edited July 2019 in Modifications & Upgrades
Hi. I tried finally to complete the upgrade with installing the tl_smoothers, 2 of which (I bought 4) I placed just to x and y axes (the one red and the one blue, I guess: there was tiny pieces of paper around the cablages...): though, on closing the case and launching a print, I got that the printhead remained stuck around the home corner and "pekered" downwards the glass like a jackhammer, moving in a circle around a small area of that side. What's up? Should I check/invert the P1/P2 connections, or the smoothers are bad, or should I place also the other 2 (1 for the extruder and 1 for the z-axis)? Or, perhaps, I ruined some mechanisms inside with removing / translating the cover?
Post edited by Matt on

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    I've just moved your post into the A5 section. I'm sorry I don't have any advice!
  • Laser8302Laser8302 Posts: 170Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Sounds like either a wiring problem or you need to increase VREF on the stepper drivers to overcome the voltage drop that is caused by the smoothers. Did you get the 4-diode or 8-diode boards?
  • MattMatt Posts: 314🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited July 2019
    Hi guys. Sorry Sam for the wrong place. Ty for moving.
    Laser, its a 8diodes.
    Btw, which connector of the tl the outletting plug should be attached to? p1 or p2? I followed the image from the wiki (which didn't specified it)
    Post edited by Matt on
    Ok, removed the smootehrs after many trials, ad the problem is still: perhaps something went wrong in leveling when opening the shell.
    Ok, now it works! Putted again in the smoothers. I'll eep you posted with the result.
    Yay, progress :smiley:
    edited July 2019
    Ok pals, I can say that I'm at 100 of speed, and it looks like it were at 50 as for stability of print! It is astounding! I even brought the speed at 150, and ot looks like a 100 speed! It is also very silent! And I had neither needs to spray the bed with hair lacquer! It sticked alone!
    Post edited by Matt on
    But... Would you allege also that putting the other 2 in z-stepper and extruder slots, it may improve something else too?
    No problems also at 200 speed and it is stable and silent! I wonder whether it is due to the fact that I'm still printing an object which is flat and spread, but so far it is great.
    edited July 2019
    Lads, I've got a mean machine :-D
    After I've printed the rest of the model (it is a multi-part model: a soap bottle), I'll test the A5 with some complex models, such as the cover of the direct drive cartridge.
    I've dropped te speed at 150, for at 200 it was anyway no so perfect (it printed a bit lasky such as it was when i got it without smoothers and at 100): 150 it looks a stable speed. I've never guessed it had had improved so much!
    Post edited by Matt on
    Glad you're happy with results - feel free to post photos! :smiley:
    edited July 2019
    Er... Perhaps the 0.1 settings aren't that good. I see stripes upon the surface and some details seem crushed, such as the nozzle ironed them lowering them when passing to quarter the height...
    I'm trying another print of the same thing with slightly different settings. Perhaps I have to finetune also the retraction settings (and the retract at layer change, dunno wheter to leave it or remove it).
    Post edited by Matt on
    Ok, I'm noticing that very small items (such as 3mmx 9mm) are keen to get printed almost "twisted"...
    Not sure what you mean sorry Matt, are you able to post a photo?