Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Carbon Fiber Filament Jamming

So I bought a roll pf leapfrog carbon fiber filament.  Cant tell you much about it because they tell you nothing on the packaging.  after researching the ups code it appears to be PTEG.   I made it about 1/3rd of the bay through the heat tower print and it jammed.  But more like a restriction.   It comes out but crazy slow.   I threw back in a roll of PLA and it prints fine..

Now I know I need a harder nozzle for the carbon, but I heard it was because of ware and not clogging...

Thoughts?

Comments

• chainbreaker2012chainbreaker2012 Posts: 30Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Maybe a larger nozzle size is needed. Just a guess but that's what it sounds like to me.
  • mgrabowmgrabow Posts: 28Member
    I agree.   Just haven't heard anyone ever mention this as something to do when printing carbon
  • mgrabowmgrabow Posts: 28Member
    well I purchased a kit of multiple size noses.  I tried a 0.6 with the same results.  It just jams.  In removing the nozzle I decided to extrude with no nozzle and it still jams.  I removed the carbon filament and pushes some PLA in and it tool a little force to get the jam out.  Put a nozzle in and the PLA printed well.  Is there some sort of a heat break tube change that could help?