Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

A5S “Download FW fail” Hotbed error

JazzyJazzy Posts: 1Member
Hello! 
I recently received  my A5s, but I haven’t been able to use it yet...

For some reason, even after adding the newest Jgaurora firmware, I keep getting an error, saying “Download FW fail”. This only happens when I try to access the hotbed or print. 

I’ve tried different SD cards but I still cannot access the hotbed with the Jgaurora’s firmware.

I know the hotbed functions because I was able to download a custom firmware called Marlin. With Marlin, I was indeed able to get both the nozzle going (the nozzle worked on the other firmware as well) and the bed actually generated heat. 
The bed’s red light would turn on, but shortly after, the red light would begin flashing and the system would freeze completely...

I tried plugging in my printer to my computer but the printer does not seem to communicate with my computer at all... Is there a certain software that I need to download to my computer to get the printer to communicate with it?

Other than things listed here, the printer seems to work as intended...

Please help!!!
Post edited by Jazzy on

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited August 2019
    Welcome @Jazzy . You have posted this message into the A3 printer section. I've just moved it into the A5S section.

This may seem like I'm asking a lot, but could you please post a video of exactly what you are doing to cause this to occur?

The "Download FW fail" message is produced by the bootloader during the printer startup. It means that the bootloader checked the SD card and found no firmware files to flash, which is normal unless you are actually trying to flash the printer. The line below "Enter FW", means that the bootloader is done with its work, and is handing over to the main firmware. If the screen is getting stuck on this screen, it means the current firmware installed may be corrupted.

To get the printer talking with the computer, please try using pronterface.

Try using pronterface with our custom marlin firmware first, as it will give more helpful errors in pronterface.

Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • Jaco Carlo KasunJaco Carlo Kasun Posts: 12Member
    Hi,
    I just got today the same message at my printer A3S with SD cart in the front part. 

How did you do to solve this problem?

Have a good day and keep your hands clean

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Hi, I have already requested the factory firmware for A3S v2 from JGAurora, but I have not received it yet.