Homeโ€บ JGAurora A5 & A3Sโ€บ Modifications & Upgrades

Changes JGAURORA made over time

AETEKAETEK Posts: 106๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
edited June 2018 in Modifications & Upgrades

2018-06 A5 The Black Diamond surface is sensitive to highly concentrated alcohol
2018-06 A5 The glass plate is no longer glued to the heating bed and can be removed.
2018-06 A5 The high-quality Meanwell power supply has been replaced by a NoName product.
2018-06 A5 The corners of the bed are no longer cut off.
2018-06 A5 The holders of the Top-Z-axes are no longer made of metal, but plastic.

Post edited by AETEK on

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Thanks... I've added those here too:ย Printer Versions

I'm super concerned about the changes to the diamond surface? What do you mean it is sensitive to alcohol? Does it leave residue on cloths when you wipe it?

• AETEKAETEK Posts: 106๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
    Hello,
    The new version of the "Black Diamond" surface is of modest quality. Already cleaning with alcohol seems to attack the surface. The surface becomes dull and unsightly. Another user reported that when cleaning with alcohol already parts of the surface dissolved and were then as a black coating on the cleaning cloth. I expect that my new surface will not last long. When it stops working, I intend to dissolve and remove the surface and glue with acetone.
    I prefer a smooth glass surface that is much more robust than the plastic wrap. In order to reduce adhesion, hair spray has been found to be suitable.
    I use a glass surface with my Velleman 3D printer and have had good experiences with it.

Currently I am using the following mixture to clean my print bed. This works very well here:
    100ml of spirit
    150ml of distilled water
    -----------------------------------
    250ml cleaner (use in a spray bottle)

• sanjibukaisanjibukai Posts: 34๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
    Hello,
    According to the "Printer Versions" list in the wiki I should have at least V8 or V9 (bought last week)..
    The bed was tapped with blue tape on two side with some extra clips..
    However I removed the tape and the clips (they interfered with the positions of mesh bed leveling points)..
    But the plate seems still glued to the heat bed..
    Do I have a "hybrid" version or something like that?
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    All the info on the wiki, is just what I have seen in the wild. It is far from an official list... it sounds like you might have an "8.5" perhaps with the corners intact, but still glued down? I'm sorry I don't have any definitive info.
    Thanks for the reply..
    You don't have to be sorry thoughย  ;)
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
  • davidtriunedavidtriune Posts: 16Member
    i had tons of trouble with the new bed, it would stick the first few times then nothing did. cleaning made it worse. i didn't want to stick chemicals on there, so i went with a buildtak clone. so much better. although that stops working after awhile, but i found rubbing alcohol renews it well.
    Do you have some links for buildtak clone?
    How much does it cost?
    5.33$ USD per sheet, 12x12

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073TW738G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

it was also Amazon's Choice the last time I looked at it
    5$ the sheet (of 30cm) is definitely cheap!
    Last time I looked at was about 15$ the 20cm square sheet..
    yup! just be careful, they might stick too well. so i sometimes remove the sticker and bend it around to get it off. don't bend too much or there'll be permanent dents, same with using a spatula with much force. I'm trying out using it on a magnetic sheet, but the magnet doesn't stick to the metal bed like i thought it would. but if you stick it on a flexible sheet and then clip it on the bed, it works sorta :P
  • edoardo11edoardo11 Posts: 4Member
    Hi everyone,
    I have the jgaurora a5s about 15 days, and it's my first printer.
    I made the first prints, to try, using the blue ribbon already pre-applied. Then I removed it, at the beginning the prints did not stick so I made the mistake of spraying some hair spray. After 2 prints I realized what had happened (I attach a photo). Now I can not clean it anymore.
    I tried to leave it to soak with hot water and alcohol, clean it with only alcohol and even with dishwashing detergent.

What can I do? what happened to you?
  • Der_MuckDer_Muck Posts: 265๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
    My printer is made in Sep. 2018 has MW powersupply and dont have any problem with the printer, only used spiritus and even go up to 100ยฐC with no problem.ย 
    A anycubic print plate cost 30euro to replace, should solve the problems, its the same plate. Just never use anything else than spiritus and set the first layer to 0.15 max. 0.20. Otherwise nothing will stick!