No new user registrations are accepted. For more info, please click here.
How to compile Marlin 2.0 firmware for JGAurora A5 - Community Firmware (2.0H) - 2021 Guide
A5 Custom Community Firmware 2.0CThanks to @Eye for drafting this guide.
NOTE #3: if you need to go back to factory Firmware, please see https://jgaurorawiki.com/a5/factory-firmware
Important: If you want to flash the main motherboard, then you MUST disconnect the 8-pin LCD module cable. Otherwise you may end up with a paperweight! Under the front edge of the printer is a hole, simply unplug the 8-pin cable before flashing.
Step 1: Software Installation & Source Code Download
Before you start, you need to download and install the following software packages. Please note, there is NO need to install Arduino IDE any more. Marlin 2.0 firmware does not compile properly with the Arduino IDE any more.
1. Github Desktop https://desktop.github.com/
2. Visual Studio Code: https://code.visualstudio.com/download
4. Add the Marlin Repository to Github desktop, via URL: https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin
5. In Github Desktop, switch the Current Branch to "Bugfix-2.0.x"
6. In Github Desktop, press the "Fetch Origin" button, to download the current Marlin source code.
7. Next, we need to download the correct configuration files for the A5. Download these two files:
8. Open the Github Marlin folder. In Github desktop, click the Repository menu, then click "show in explorer". In that folder, open the Marlin folder inside. Normally this will be ~/Documents/Github/Marlin/Marlin/
9. Replace the Configuration.h and Configuration_adv.h files in that folder, with the ones you downloaded in step 7.
Step 2: Compiling & Flashing
10. Open Visual Studio Code
11. Inside VS Code, install the Platform Extension called "Platformio". See the guide here.