Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Many Problems with the A5

jirgeljirgel Posts: 30Member
Hello my name is Jörg and i have many Problems with the a5.

First sorry for my bad english.

My A5 stops in the middle of the print.
Or he dont head up the bed or the nozzle or stops in by 50 c.

But the good news sometimes have my a5 a good day and prints.....

I have it 3 weeks and my nervs a down.
I have flash the firmeware of lcd and board by the videos of Samuel and dahaizu but the a5 do it again. I read the wiki but i find nothing what is wrong with my a5 must i buy a new makerboard?

Please help i can read english but im not a good writing

Post edited by jirgel on

Comments

• jirgeljirgel Posts: 30Member
    edited October 2018
    And again the lcd show 57 c bed and 200 nozzel but the are still cold and than the printer freeze .....
    Post edited by jirgel on
    edited October 2018
    Its a fucking Gremlin i have no error message with Prontoface maybe its the lcd motherboard not the MKS?
    Post edited by jirgel on
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited October 2018
    Hi Jörg (@jirgel ),

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear of your issues. I suggest putting the main motherboard into full debug mode: send the command "M111 S1" - that way more info will be sent as you print. You will need to resend this code whenever the main motherboard is reset. 
    http://marlinfw.org/docs/gcode/M111.html

In my experience, this is typically caused by a faulty USB stick, poor USB stick connection, or a faulty front LCD module.

Also, you can try printing via pronterface and via SD card and see if the same problem occurs with those. 
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    Hy Samuel the A5 prints with pronterface i testet this all night long.

The USB sticks are ok.

So it is mks tft. I will it open to day maybe i have broke something when i flash to the forums firmware.

If a buy a new one what must i do for flashing?

Thank you for your help.
    The LCD flashing is easy, the instructions are on the wiki. :smile:

edited November 2018
    Only with sd card. *For all * the mks tft 28 v4 ist at the model of 01.08.2018 i order a new one yuhu with tax and zoll can i wait 2 months😂😂. Next posting is in mod.  I have a nice idea for a mod
    Post edited by jirgel on
  • Enrique RiriEnrique Riri Posts: 37🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited November 2018
    Hi, I had similar issues with my USB port. Please upgrade your TFT firmware to v 3.03. If you have unofficial firmware, stay with old files but replace just mkstft28.bin. Issue solved for me.
    Thanked by 1jirgel
    Post edited by Enrique Riri on
    edited November 2018
    Hy @Enrique Riri have yo please a link to this new firmware ? ? or manual for me i am a big newbie of this.

greetings from Austria
    Post edited by jirgel on
    And e new Problem Pronterface give my a error back

Hmm.. all of that looks like normal communication, when you connect to the printer.
    I suggest try turning on debug mode with command: M111 S1
    edited November 2018
    I  ...

First time i thing the Hotend and i clean it chance the nozzel etc but it was it.

Next i must backup my laptop install cura new.
    and now my a5 bring a big sh... to life  in cura i have underextrusen like hell.
    But in Jgreate  he print perfect

Front Cura
    Back jgreate

i do it like the Wiki import the settings to Cura but you see....

What make i wrong?
    Cura settings
    Its the same like Jgreate---- PLEASE HELP on my knee
    I

Post edited by jirgel on
    This is a bug in Cura 3.5.1.

https://jgmakerforum.com/discussion/comment/1994#Comment_1994

Please activate a material from the material manager. Or message me privately and I can help via teamviewer.

Thank you Samuel but i think i will wait for Cura 3.6 now have over extrusenor i sell this Printer 😂😂

This thing steal my sleepingtime every day😂

Or my machine gremlin hate me.....

Thank you and the forum for the Help😉

• MattMatt Posts: 314🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited November 2018
    I comprehend your frustration: I was alike in the first times. Sam and other friends (indeed just another one...) helped very much in going over the issues. This is a neat printer anyway. Just matter of finetuning and eventually of updating the firmware. I suggest to do not trepass the 210° when printing pla (even the pla+ type) and stay within 100% with extrusion speed (which is the "flow" option of Cura). Perhaps the better thing one might do, is to have it direct driven: hope somebody will craft a good printhead for this.
    Thanked by 1jirgel
    Post edited by Matt on
    edited November 2018
    First mod incoming. i have buy a Pi and install Octoprint (Thanks to Dahai on youtube) on it now i see a new Problem my bed cool down unter the print from 60c° to 50c° can i use the M111 S1 comand at octoprint ?
    This is the answer why abs lose  pressure liability ( i hope this is the right word) and the half ready print stick on the nozzle. damit :D.
    Post edited by jirgel on
    Check the terminal for error messages too. How many wires does your bed have, 4 or 6?
    Thanked by 1jirgel
    4 wires and a lot of hotglue. And no error messages in the terminal.
    Now i have a error message _

Recv: Error:Heating failed, system stopped! Heater_ID: bedChanging monitoring state from "Printing" to "Error: Heating failed, system stopped! Heater_ID: bed"Changing monitoring state from "Error: Heating failed, system stopped! Heater_ID: bed" to "Offline (Error: Heating failed, system stopped! Heater_ID: bed)"Connection closed, closing down monitor

edited November 2018
    There going something really worng
    Post edited by jirgel on
    5min later i shut down the printer

What was measuring 94C - was that the bed??
    edited November 2018
    Cant upload a pic but i have open the a5 there is no broken wire inside
    Post edited by jirgel on
    Hi Jörg, I'm sorry - can you please tell me what the specific problem is you are trying to solve? I'm seeing a lot of different issues, so I am not sure where we should start.
    94c was the bed at 60c input from the lcd or octoprint now i am open the printer. To look the wire a broken.  The wire a still ok.

The heatbed dont stop heating!

But the heatsensor shows the right temp is the bed non aktivatet. Wenn i put a hot cup if tee on the middle of the bed he show it normaly.

But when i start to print the heatbed dont stops heating on the right temp he shows 49 or 50 c and the bed have real 90c or more.

Sam i am a noob on this and i am scare to burn down my house :) where we beginn ? Pls say yow where we beginn.
    edited November 2018
    Hmm... If you set the temperature to 30C, what temperature does the bed stabilise at measured with the IR gun? And then set to 40C, what temperature then can you measure with the IR gun? Please do this connected to Pronterface, so you will see if an error occurs.
    Or, does the bed start heating as soon as power is turned on?
    edited November 2018
    ok 30 c pronter, real 45 c

Next 40c pronter, real 73,5c 
    next 50 c pronter , real 80 c

Ok lets the show run
    60 c Pronter, real 97 than the printer crash
    maybe something ist a little bit offset just a little but why ??? on the MKS or the Sensor ? i have only flash the forums software

Setting bed temperature to 100.000000 degrees Celsius.
    Error:Heating failed, system stopped! Heater_ID: bed
    [ERROR] Error:Heating failed, system stopped! Heater_ID: bed

Error:Printer halted. kill() called!
    [ERROR] Error:Printer halted. kill() called!

and my last question what for a termistor is in the middle of the bed soldered maybe i soldered a new one.
    Post edited by jirgel on
    edited November 2018
    When the printer connects in pronterface it prints out a whole lot of text. Can you please screenshot or copy that here?
    Thanked by 1jirgel
    The bed thermistor is 100k. Any 100k thermistor should be compatible though.
    Hy sam i drink fast my morning coffe than i c&p. Thanks for your time and help.