Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Pause at height with Cura?

kylembkylemb Posts: 4Member
Hello. I've had a JGaura 5S for a few weeks now, and I can't seem to figure out how to make the printer pause at height or layer with Ultimaker Cura (Version 4.1.0). Each time I add in the Pause at height extension with retraction and moving the print head, as well as extrusion for once I've changed filaments, the retraction, movement of the print head and extrusion all happen correctly, however, the printer only pauses for a couple of seconds before automatically starting up again. Is there a way to make the JGaura 5S pause at height through Cura? Or is it only possible through programs like Octopi? 
For a bit more information. 
I'm running the firmware which came with the machine dated April of 2019.
I've tried adding the change filament script instead, however, the filament isn't retracted.
I print with Cura Via an SD card and haven't yet tried printing with the printer cable.
I've read this post-https://jgmakerforum.com/discussion/518/pause-at-z-layer as well as a few others, but couldn't quite understand them because they all talk about using OctoPi which I would like to avoid using if possible.

Any help you can give me would be much appreciated, thanks.

Post edited by Samuel Pinches on

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited August 2019
    Welcome @kylemb ,
    I think you would have more success using the pause at height command with the custom marlin firmware. I know it is a bit different, but it's easy to go back to the factory firmware if you change your mind.

Thanked by 1kylemb
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    P.S I'm sorry your first post didn't appear - the spam checker picked it up for some reason. Should be all good now - you're verified now!
    Thanked by 1kylemb
  • kylembkylemb Posts: 4Member
    @Samuel Pinches 
    Thank you so much for your response, and I'm sorry for mine being delayed. I tried the community firmware and to my surprise, it did exactly what I wanted. The pause at height as well as conveniently the change filament extension now work perfectly, and I'm very pleased with some of the quality of life improvements such as the new assisted leveling function and the advanced preheat function even if it comes at the cost of a bit of a downgraded display. Evidently, my assumption that the makers of the printer would also make the best firmware for that printer was faulty, and I'm delighted to see such a strong and helpful community surrounding the printer who work together to improve its functionality. Thank you for your response, sir, you are an absolute lifesaver. 
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
    Thanks @kylemb , I'm so glad the hard work on the community firmware has paid off, and I'm very glad to hear you found a solution to your problem :smiley:

It really would be great if JGAurora would invest more time in the firmware too, many people prefer their easy touchscreen.